- Get good green beans, e.g. from Sweet Maria.
- Roast them yourself using a home coffee roaster.
- Wait about 24 hours.
- Use a good burr mill and grind at the appropriate grade.
- Brew the coffee immediately after grinding.
- If you want espresso use a good espresso machine, e.g. a Vibiemme Domobar.
- For coffee other than espresso use a French press.
- In any case use fresh water.
If you follow this recipe to the core you will get delicious coffee. Yet, in no way is following even the best recipe a guarantee for good coffee. In fact, a complex thing such as coffee is likely to show you every side of life pretty much always.
This recipe was first presented by rattus rattus on February 12, 2006, in rattus rattus' blog: Cooking Coffee.